Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cruelty, Hope and Other things on my mind....


Dear Reader,

Today I was thinking about cruelty. I was thinking about how we as humans all have the possible drive to be cruel to others.


I read a great article on cruelty and how to understand it in others, and undo it in yourself.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/200912/the-true-cause-cruelty

I was specifically thinking about people who are suffering and harassed for things beyond their control. I was even thinking about how I used to tease my little brother when I was younger, how I was talked about for my tmau, and about people I've met who cruelly use people.

I don't want cruelty to have any place in my heart and I want to be able to respond with more understanding with others who are cruel to me.

Enjoy the article.

I also saw this show about this lovely young girl who has a medical condition that has aged her face. She is beautiful and I wish she knew it and it hurts me to see how awful people are to her.
The girl inspired me though, she still had hope for her life. We have to hold onto our hope no matter what.

Recently I have watched hope dwindle in my life. I stopped believing that good things were in the future for me. I started to only feel the pain of life and no beauty.

Last night. I decided to hold onto hope no matter what- and the beauty of life came back in that moment.

The video is sad so its not for the faint of heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SZ8MVvoBDw

God bless you

Sincerely,

Black Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment