Monday, February 27, 2012

My fear of Emotional Intimacy

I pride myself on being a strong person ( to the outside world)
As much as I have been through...I have to pride myself at least on that...

But one thing makes me nervous and makes me want to run....

Emotional Intimacy

Someone seeing how I really feel
How vulnerable I am
How sensitive I am
How unsure I am about everything sometimes...

That makes me cold sweat

Because sometimes I don't even listen to myself

But one day at a time I am trying

To listen to myself

give myself quiet when I need quiet

stay away when I need to stay away

get close when I need to get close

sometimes let the boundaries blur when I am safe

or know I am loved ( family or friends)

and hope beyond all obstacles

Valuing myself even in brokenness


Sincerely,

Black Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment