Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Learning to love myself is a slow process


I have been reading about self hatred.
I have a few symptoms

Perfectionism
Harsh self-talk

Attraction to negative relationships

One great definition of self hatred I found was "anger at yourself". Bingo. That's me.

I get angry at myself when I feel I haven't met the standards of others Or my own harsh standards for myself


But I also have a healthy part of me.
The healthy part of myself wants me to be

Compassionate to myself

To respond kindly to my needs and desires
To believe I deserve love


I am a hopeless romantic but I am starting to understand that compassion and love for yourself is a greater love than the love of a partner-- simply because no one can give us the kind of love we can give ourselves.

Black Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment