Friday, April 27, 2012

Shame/ Shame Soothing

Since I was young Ive had a extra harsh superego.If I did something bad--I felt bad to my core. 

Unfortunately I realize I'm still like that

For that reason Stress impacts me very badly- I have a hard time distancing myself from an painful event/ mistake/ failed attempt/ whatever else...and the result is me walking around feeling BAD
Worthless, Stupid, Rejected

...So you can imagine having tmau makes that shame a lot worse-- and even dangerous

Ive realized that Ive had enhanced self-defeating/ masochistic/ even pain addicted responses to hurt 

Example:

-Meditating on "What if I don't do well on this paper" till I feel like my hair will fall out

-I got a bad look ( or what I perceive as a bad look) and the result is I feel AWFUL-- like I don't belong on the earth

-Thinking on painful experiences like a full time job

-Thinking my worth is only how others see me

- I even think I may be addicted to emotional pain( something that may have come about in childhood)External emotional pain always felt better than my own inner hurt. 
I was intensely sensitive child.

I'm now a intensely sensitive woman still trying to accept myself and not torture myself for things I can not control.

I'm trying to find better ways to shame soothe: Healthy ways

...No easy task

I need to make peace with that sensitive little girl still inside me...

Yours truly,

Black Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment