Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I deserve...


I deserve....______

Dear Reader,
Today it was raining. Driving home from campus the sky was thick with clouds. The trees have begun to turn colors. Vibrant red leaves everywhere.
It was stunning.
Somethings been on my mind. I had a long time friend who doesn't talk to me much anymore because of experiencing my tmau. Recently Ive been feeling rather sad about it. I try not to dwell on it much. It is sad, no doubt about that, but there is a larger purpose even in what seems like arbitrary emotional torture. Our lives are precious stories, and no line in our "books" are there for no reason.

I deserve...._______

I was thinking about the shame issue, because I feel like it is the core of the emotional distress that comes with tmau. Tmau makes us feel flawed and undeserving of good, true, and lasting things.

I have been reminding myself to not let myself hold onto toxic shame about events I could not control- and to remind myself that I deserve to experience the beauty of life.

I deserve to milk the joy out of even hard seasons, and so do you.


God bless

Sincerely,

Black Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment