Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sometimes living in Reality hurts like crazy...but I will choose to live here anyway

I don't know when I first learned that I could use fantasy to sooth my pain. I think I learned very early on- I've always been a imaginative and creative person.
After I started struggling with tmau, writing fiction became my joy- a way to interact in a world I created without shame, fear or grief. In many ways writing kept me strong.
Recently though, I realize I have a hard time living in Reality when it is less than pleasing. Hard facts makes me want to escape into a story, or into a imagined story line that would be better and less painful. Through my imagination I can infuse into my life- closeness, when I feel lonely or acceptance when I feel rejected. The problem is I find myself taking long vacations from "real life" and "whats true."
The truth is, sometimes Reality can hurt like crazy

But I will choose to live here anyway.




(No more fantasy defense mechanism...I will save my imagination for my stories)


How do you cope with life's pains?


God bless

Sincerely,

Black Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment