Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Loss leads to deeper compassion


Today it was raining again. I love it.

The rain makes me even more introspective than normal. I love to write and contemplate life when there is rain outside my window.


I thought today about loss.

I thought about the loss I've endured in my life due to tmau. Loss of friendships, possible friendships, complete confidence with my body, social experiences, care-free interactions with others- and loss of that "I can do anything" feeling I had as a child. I can not deny the loss I have experienced. The loss is real.

Sometimes I wish I had a time machine to go back and remove myself from the days and moments that now cause me ache to reflect on. However, I can only live for this moment now.

While tmau does sometimes bring loss we must remember that loss is a part of life. No one is exempt from loss.


Consider people who lose a child in a car accident, lose their memory in old age, lose their ability to see, lose their spouse to an affair, lose their dream for love to reality of abuse, lose their health to a illness......and the list goes on.

Everyone has pain.
Everyone has moments that they hate to remember and wish wish wish never happened. Everyone.
Your pain is Real and it matters. God sees it( and sees you) and your pain will not be wasted.

Some of the most compassionate people have suffered the most.

You can end up being someone's strength.

*Hug*( with love)

Sincerely,

Black Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment