Saturday, October 1, 2011

Positive Therapy


Dear Readers,
The last couple of days have been non-stop schoolwork. I am frazzled and feel....somewhat awful. My head feels tense and even music isn't calming me. UGH! (ranting face!)
I just finished reading a book, which I'll admit- I chose without much research. I chose the book to present on this Tuesday. However, the book is DEPRESSING. Its a dystopian novel, more or less about a nation without empathy or clean water...or effective police. I am half way done the book and I have called two people to rant about how much of a downer it is. Its beautifully written but so grim and strange that I can not and will not recommend it!
Anyway,
During my reading break I saw a show on tv called The Emotional Life. The part that I caught was very interesting- about a new therapy called "Positive Therapy." From what I understood the therapy has to do with focusing on the positive parts of yourself and your life. I am interested in learning more about it. But for tonight...I will create my own positive therapy.

Black Rose's October 1st Positive Therapy

1. It was chilly today- I love chill
2. The cashier smiled nicely at me at the health food store
3. I finished that paper and sent it in!
4. I read that terrifying book which made me (VERY) thankful to be safe, have food and comfort
5. I am now getting sleepy and am in for a relaxing deep sleep

What was your positive for the day?

Happy October 1st Readers :)

Sincerely,

Black Rose

2 comments:

  1. Hi. What are your odors like? I've smelled like rubber and seawage. Sometimes fish and dirty socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Itin :)
    I have had all the odors you just described. It changes with my diet in frequency and strength of the smell.

    ReplyDelete